Thursday 12 June 2008

BoB3 Welsh vs Feudal English

The third battle of this epic saga, Jack took the Welsh & I the English. The die decided that Jack would be defending, he promptly sets the terrain. A Wood, Marsh & a rather large hill placed on the table, albeit not true DBA placement. Unfortunately for me, the Die roll for the table edge was not what I wanted. I reckon Jack has JEDI powers & so he would get the side he wanted...

----------------------------
The opening positions & direction of attacks. Sensing an opportunity, I knew he would defend the hill. My Knights would plunge down one flank, the Foot advance up the middle & a daring attack by the Cavalry on the other. Would it work...?
----------------------------
I shake my head in disbelief, Jack rolls a SIX for initial PIPS & his Psiloi race for the Swamp.
----------------------------
English Bows are sent to the flank, just in case the Welsh Psiloi go 'Camp Hunting'
----------------------------
Oooh... I'm not happy with that Psiloi..
----------------------------
Would the Welsh stay on the Hill..?

----------------------------
Stick to the Plan, the English Cavalry continue onwards.
----------------------------
There would be no Knights charging Bows in this game...
----------------------------
English Bows are sent to clear the Swamp.
----------------------------
The English Kings 'WISE' attribute would help with PIPS.
----------------------------
Strangely, the Welsh Psiloi emerges from the Swamp. Arrows fly into them.

----------------------------
The English Knight Column is soon checked by double ranked Welsh Spears. While an extra English Bow element helps out with the pesky Welsh Psiloi.
----------------------------
Soon the sound of English arrows fills the air...
----------------------------
Strike one Welsh Psiloi...
----------------------------
The English Knights flounder on the flank.
----------------------------
Jack senses the danger & the Welsh King himself deals with the problem.

----------------------------
No! The Heroic English Cavalry fall!
----------------------------
English Bows are sent on a 'King Hunt'!
----------------------------
The English centre advances, I struggle with the Knights positioning.
----------------------------
Jack foolishly moves elements behind the line... English arrows fly, the Welsh Bow recoils.... into one of the moving elements. That's another Welsh element down, 2-1 to the English.
----------------------------
I send some Knights to the other flank.
----------------------------
Now it's time for Welsh arrows to fly. The dice shine for the Welsh, down goes an English Bow.
----------------------------
HA! HA! Jack doesn't like the English Bows advancing on King Owen. He legs it back to his camp. My taunts are loud, English Bowmen mock the King with 'V' signs.
----------------------------
It's too much for Jack, 'The Dragon awakes' his plan of defense goes in his red mist. Screaming Welshmen charge down the hill....!!!
----------------------------
Suddenly the smile is wiped from my face. I don't like the look of some of these line ups.
----------------------------
The dice are rolled & charts are checked.... Down goes some arrogant English Knights. The Hordes are also sent packing.
----------------------------
To quote Victor Meldrew "I don't believe it!!". On my turn, I withdraw the Knights & charge in the English King. The fearless English Hordes attack the Welsh Bows.
----------------------------
Our house rule is that the Attacker always rolls first, it's a good roll... But fortune smiles for the Welsh & Jacks roll ties the combat. Now it's Jacks turn for the taunts....AAAArrggh!
----------------------------
Jacks round... The Welsh Spears charge into English Hordes.
----------------------------
The English Hordes are cut down.... Jacks laughing out loud & I'm shaking my head.....
----------------------------
Final positions, the English are sent packing.
----------------------------

Oh no, my head is in my hands, Jacks mocking is slightly annoying but very amusing. What's that saying about 'Best laid plans......'. A cracking game, very enjoyable. At least I didn't lose any Knights to Bowmen.

Well that puts the Valleyboys in the lead. Nine more points for the Welsh & a measly two for the Feudal English. Next up, Battle of Scotland.. Scots Common vs Highlands & Isles.

No comments: