Monday 10 November 2008

KOH3 Byzantines vs Seljuks

The Seljuk's are back in the action again, this time up against the Byzantines.

I played the Byzantines & opted for a strong centre comprised of Knights. Light Horse would form one flank while the other would be guarded by Bows & Blades. My camp would also be guarded, knowing how daring the horrors can be.

Jack would take the Seljuk's & went straight for a massive six elements of Light Horse on one flank. He would use Cavalry & Knights to form the central attack. However he did not opt for any troops for camp guard duty. He did not fear I'd threaten him... cheek!

________________________________
Game 3 Battlefield setup. The Seljuk Light Horse would
be on a 'Deep Strike' mission again.

________________________________
Seljuk Blitzkrieg!!!!

________________________________
Heroic Byzantine Allied Light Horse ride out.

________________________________
Again this game would feature major Light Horse action early on.

_______________________________
While the main lines would take forever to meet.....

________________________________


HA! As I told Jack, the Byzantine left flank would never be taken..
(Because it had 'no one to fight' he replied)


________________________________
The Byzantine Psiloi can only look out from their camp...


________________________________
The Byzantines bring up some Knights to help out.

________________________________
Typical! First Combat, ALL the Byzantine Light Horse recoil
AND the Byzantine Knights are destroyed.......

________________________________
Positions at this point, I'm going to have to get the centre involved.

________________________________
The Seljuk's press their advantage.

________________________________
The entire Byzantine line advance, but it's at a snails pace.

________________________________
One casualty each at the battle of the 'Palm Tree'.

________________________________
But Seljuk numbers count & another Byzantine bites the dust.

________________________________
The Mighty Byzantine Emperor spurs on his troops!

________________________________
View from Jacks side of the table, I have to dispatch another Knight to stem the Seljuk tide. Somehow I believe this one is 'getting away' from me as well...

________________________________
Jack insults me by announcing his 'Auxilia will take the Byzantine camp'.
More shame for me.

________________________________
At last the main forces Engage.
'This would be the turning point!!!' I exclaim...

________________________________
'I don't think so Dad' retorts Jack & down goes the final Byzantine...
Another Seljuk Victory!!

________________________________
Final Battlefield positions.


________________________________

Well, at this point I must apologise most humbly to all lovers of Byzantine troops as my performances on the battlefield are truly woeful.

But well done to Jack, along with his sister, they are both mastering the Light Horseman of the Holy Land. The Seljuk's are turning out to be the 'Dark Horses' of the campaign.

I think for the next game I start by placing all 12 elements in a single line...

No comments: